- Caterpillar Inc.: Represented Caterpillar on numerous transactions, including its acquisitions of Bucyrus International (surface and underground mining equipment), Electro-Motive Diesel (locomotives and diesel engines), Remy Diesel (diesel engine remanufacturing) and the Forestry Division of Blount International (timber harvesting machines),Weir Oil & Gas, its joint venture with Navistar (on-highway trucks) and the sale of its third party logistics business to Platinum Equity.
- American Industrial Partners: Represented AIP, a leading midmarket private equity fund, in connection with its acquisitions of two leading shippers on the Great Lakes (Rand Logistics and ASC), two leading suppliers of waterjet technologies (KMT Group and Flow International), the combination of two leading suppliers of can making machinery (Sequa Can Corp. and Stolle Machinery Company), and many other matters.
- Liberty Media: Represented Liberty Media in connection with its acquisition of Formula One, and Liberty Media and SiriusXM in connection with the acquisitions of Pandora Media, Stitcher and a potential investment in iHeartMedia.
- Halliburton Company: Represented Halliburton on numerous matters, including its proposed acquisition of Baker Hughes.
- Regency Energy Partners: Represented Regency in connection with its acquisitions of PVR Partners and Eagle Rock Energy Partners and in connection with its proposed merger with Energy Transfer Partners.
- A.O. Smith Corporation: Acquisitions of Lochinvar Corporation, GSW Inc./American Water Heater and State Industries.
- Representing Caterpillar Inc. in a lawsuit alleging the company conspired with a competitor and its own dealers to boycott the distributor of a foreign supplier seeking to enter the United States.
- Representing Olin in antitrust litigation by direct and indirect purchasers alleging price fixing in the chemical industry.
- Representing QVC in litigation alleging monopolization and various state law claims.
- Representing Olin in connection with its acquisition of Pioneer Companies, a competitor in the chlor-alkali industry.
- In re Musical Instruments and Equipment Antitrust Litigation: Represented NAMM in federal MDL proceeding in Southern District of California and related litigation in Tennessee state court. Received dismissal of all federal antitrust claims.
- Represented Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation and affiliated entities; received dismissal of antitrust claims alleging group boycotts and conspiracies involving industry standard setting organizations.
- Aspex Eyewear v. Vision Service Plan and Marchon Eyewear: Represented Marchon in federal antitrust case. Motion for preliminary injunction was denied and received dismissal of all claims.
- Non-Public State Investigation: Represented a leading producer of consumer goods in connection with a multi-state investigation involving Section 1 and Section 2 issues.