Cheryl Cauley is Partner in Charge of the firm's Palo Alto office. Her practice is focused on complex commercial litigation and intellectual property disputes. She has experience trying cases from inception through appeal in district and appellate courts across the country. She has diverse experience representing technology clients in fields such as search, sales and advertising, wireless communications and autonomous vehicles.
- Google, LLC. v. Lior Ron et al., JAMS Arbitration. Represented co-founder of Ottomotto in arbitration claim brought by Google; second-chaired client's defense at two-week, three-arbitrator hearing.
- SunPower v. Standard Industries, et al., Santa Clara County Superior Court (Case No. 19-CV-349042). Representing former SunPower executive in litigation asserting, inter alia, trade secret misappropriation, breach of contract, and breach of the duty of loyalty.
- MerchDirect v. Schell, et al., No. 1:16-cv-05213 (SDNY). Represented employee and company in trademark infringement dispute; matter satisfactorily resolved.
- Rosetta Stone v. Google Inc., No. 1:09-cv-00736-GBL-TCB (E.D. Va.). Prevailed on summary judgment for Google in AdWords trademark infringement case; the matter was satisfactorily resolved after appeal.
- Jurin v. Google Inc., No. 2:09-cv-03065-MCE-CKD (E.D. Cal.). Prevailed on summary judgment for Google in trademark infringement case relating to Google's AdWords program; also prevailed on a partial motion to dismiss on the grounds that CDA immunity applied to Google).
- Neutron Depot, L.L.C. v. Bankrate, Incorporated, et al.Case No. 18-51021. Argued and obtained affirmance of dismissal in the Fifth Circuit on issues relating to Lanham Act statutory standing and damages.
Awards & Community
Recognized as a Benchmark Litigation "Future Star," 2021
Global Legal Chronicle