Leah Burcat is a member of the firm's Global Projects Practice, where she counsels clients on a broad range of international and domestic energy-related transactions and projects, with a particular focus on the renewable energy industry. Her experience includes work on numerous transactions in the wind, solar, and battery storage sectors.
Ms. Burcat also advises clients on regulatory matters and represents clients in contested proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Railroad Commission.
- Wind turbine manufacturer – representation in turbine sales agreement and service agreement for 250-megawatt project in Iowa
- Wind turbine manufacturer – assistance with turbine sales, warranty, and service agreements for 100-megawatt project in Texas
- Developer – representation in negotiations with respect to an engineering, procurement, and construction contract for large-scale battery storage system
- Investor – assistance in due diligence and negotiation for acquisition of solar projects
- Electric utility – representation in dispute before the Texas Public Utility Commission over right to build a 160-mile transmission line
- Tolling customer – assistance with liquefaction tolling agreement for potential LNG liquefaction export facility in the United States
- Major domestic energy company – preparation of farmout of over 100,000 acres of certain Marcellus and Utica Shale