Financier Worldwide Magazine
David helps clients with a broad range of intellectual property related matters. He leverages his technical background and hands-on engineering experience to quickly understand complex technologies in an array of fields, from medical devices to software techniques, such as video compression algorithms. David has experience working with experts, drafting briefs, analyzing prior art, and developing arguments to help clients with patent disputes in district court, at the International Trade Commission, and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. His practice further includes due diligence work, with experience including acquisition assessments, freedom-to-operate analysis, and licensing. David also works with clients and the USPTO to prepare and prosecute patent applications, using his technical know-how and post-issuance experience to add value throughout the process.
David previously served as a legal extern at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York while attending law school. He worked closely with Assistant U.S. Attorneys at the SDNY to develop cases and assess evidence while honing his procedural knowledge of district court litigation and persuasive writing skills. Before law school, David worked as a field engineer for a Fortune 500 company in the semiconductor industry, where he helped customers develop and ramp new manufacturing processes.
David's entrepreneurial spirit and passion for service keep him actively involved in the firm's pro bono practice. His recent pro bono matters include counseling startup businesses on entity formation and liability management and advocating on behalf of a disadvantaged mother in a child custody and support dispute.
- Worldwide packaging company - patent procurement, counseling, and portfolio management
- Multinational digital imaging and photography company - litigation matters before ITC and PTAB
- International medical device company - due diligence and product clearance
- Global electronics and telecommunications company – U.S. District Court litigation matter
- Beverage wholesaler and distributor - U.S. District Court litigation matter
- Global pet care company - product clearance and patent prosecution
- International patent quality organization - Inter Partes Review matter