Trademark, Trade Dress and Copyright Litigation
- Representing global food and beverage company in prominent trade dress litigation, involving fast-paced TRO, preliminary injunction, and substantive motion practice;
- Representing cosmetics company in trade dress litigation concerning product configuration and antitrust counterclaims;
- Representing software company in complex copyright litigation matter involving multiple jurisdictions and claimed copyrights;
- Representing e-commerce company in copyright litigation matter relating to alleged copyrights of former employee;
- Representing clothing and accessories company in fabric design copyright litigation.
Trade Secret Law
- Representing global food and beverage company in complex trade secret matter from district court through Federal Circuit appeal;
- Representing global financial and payment processing company in trade secret and contract matter;
- Collaborating with prominent medical device company to refine trade secret protection mechanisms.
Gray Market and Customs Matters
- Representing global technology company in gray market goods litigation against multiple defendants accused of wrongfully importing and selling materially-different gray market products;
- Corresponding and collaborating with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in connection with recordation of trademarks, Lever Rule protection, product detentions and seizures, and training of CBP agents.
Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Representing global food and beverage companies, global consumer products companies, and technology companies in contested trademark matters;
- Representing clients in ex parte appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Licensing, Counseling and Strategic Analysis
- Representing substantial communications firm in connection with clearing, prosecuting and maintaining trademark portfolio and licensing matters;
- Representing prominent cosmetics, food and beverage, and consumer products companies in worldwide trademark portfolio management, and foreign and domestic policing;
- Representing well-known clothing companies on copyright and other intellectual property matters;
- Conducting intellectual property due diligence for corporate transactional matters;
- Advising entities on complex copyright filings and claims for software and other copyrightable works of authorship;
- Counseling established and start-up companies regarding emerging issues in copyright, trademark and advertising law.
Pro Bono and Mentoring
- Member of and participant in Baker Botts' partnerships with Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Official Black Wall Street, and Street Law;
- Representing pro bono clients in trademark registration and prosecution, licensing, and general IP matters;
- Advocating for associate priorities and diversity and inclusion initiatives as part of Baker Botts’ Associate Liaison Committee;
- Supervising junior attorneys on pro bono matters and providing career mentoring and professional development advice.