HOUSTON, October 28, 2021 - Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that the firm was ranked the No. 1 legal advisor for global oil & gas M&A deals by value through the first three quarters of 2021, according to GlobalData.
Based on GlobalData’s criteria, Baker Botts advised on 20 oil & gas M&A deals during this period, worth $35.9 billion, which was the highest value among all legal advisers.
This year alone, Baker Botts has advised on several of the most significant M&A transactions in the oil & gas industry, including representations of:
- Cabot Oil & Gas in its $17 billion merger with Cimarex;
- ConocoPhillips in its $9.5 billion acquisition of Shell’s prolific Delaware basin position;
- CenterPoint in Energy Transfer’s $7.2 billion acquisition of Enable Midstream Partners;
- Crestwood Equity Partners in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Oasis Midstream Partners; and
- The Conflicts Committee of Noble Midstream Partners in the $1.3 billion acquisition by Chevron Corporation of Noble Midstream.
Baker Botts has increased its rankings even further this year across the entire energy spectrum, solidifying its leadership in a broad range of subsectors that include oil & gas, LNG, power and renewables.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.