Deal Description: On July 30, 2021, Angel Brothers Holdings Corp. (“Angel Brothers”) simultaneously signed and closed a definitive agreement with Texas Materials Group, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH Americas Materials, Inc. (NYSE: CRH), under which CRH acquired (1) Century Asphalt, a Baytown, Texas-based, leading producer of asphalt, liquid asphalt, recycled concrete aggregates, sand and gravel, and (2) all assets relating to Angel Brothers’ business of asphalt paving, concrete paving and construction services, in an all-cash transaction, subject to certain closing date adjustments as set forth in the definitive purchase agreement.
Baker Botts L.L.P. advised Angel Brothers in the transaction.
Baker Botts Lawyers/Office Involved:
- Corporate:Tim Taylor (Partner, Houston); Carina Antweil (Partner, Houston); Parker Hinman (Associate, Houston); Bryson Manning (Associate, Houston); William Cozzens (Associate, Houston)
- Tax: Jon Lobb (Partner, Houston); Jordan Hahn (Senior Associate, Dallas)
- Antitrust:Thomas Fina (Partner, Washington, D.C.); Michael Bodosky (Special Counsel, Washington, D.C.); Nathan Chubb (Senior Associate, Washington, D.C.)
- Employee Benefits: Mark Bodron (Partner, Houston); Gabriela Alvarez (Associate, Houston)
- State and Local Tax:Matthew Larsen (Partner, Dallas); Renn Neilson (Partner, Houston); Ben Geslison (Senior Associate, Houston)
- Intellectual Property: Michelle Eber (Special Counsel, Houston); Lindsay Cutie (Senior Associate, Houston)
- Real Estate:Connie Simmons Taylor (Partner, Houston); Emily Quiros (Associate, Houston)
- Environmental: Paulina Williams (Partner, Austin); Greta Carlson (Associate, Houston)
- Litigation:Bill Kroger (Partner, Houston); Louie Layrisson (Partner, Houston)
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.