Deal Description: On July 4, 2021, North American Pipe Corporation (NAPCO), a subsidiary of Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK) (“Westlake”), announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Aalberts U.S. Holding Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of Aalberts, N.V. (XAMS: AALB), under which it will acquire LASCO Fittings, Inc., a Brownsville, Tennessee-based, leading designer, engineer and manufacturer of injected-molded PVC fittings in an all-cash transaction for $252.5 million, subject to certain closing date adjustments as set forth in the definitive purchase agreement. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021, subject to the receipt of regulatory clearance as well as other customary closing conditions.
Baker Botts L.L.P. is advising Westlake in the proposed transaction.
Baker Botts Lawyers/Office Involved:
- Corporate: Tim Taylor (Partner, Houston); Carina Antweil (Partner, Houston); J. Michael Portillo (Senior Associate, Austin); Bryson Manning (Associate, Houston)
- Tax: Jon Lobb (Partner, Houston); Snow Rui (Associate, Dallas)
- Antitrust: Thomas Fina (Partner, Washington, D.C.); Michael Bodosky (Counsel, Washington, D.C.)
- Employee Benefits: Gail Stewart (Partner, Houston); Gabriela Alvarez (Associate, Houston)
- Labor & Employment: Jennifer Trulock (Partner, Dallas)
- Intellectual Property: Michelle Eber (Special Counsel, Houston); Fred Carbone (Associate, Houston)
- Real Estate: Connie Simmons Taylor (Partner, Houston); Austin Jennings (Associate, Houston)
- Environmental: Scott Janoe (Partner, Houston); Cole Killion (Associate, Houston)
- Litigation: Kevin Jacobs (Partner, Houston); Kristina Vu (Associate, Houston)
- Data Privacy: Cynthia Cole (Partner, Palo Alto)
For more information, please see Westlake’s news release by clicking here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.