PALO ALTO, July 1, 2021 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that the firm’s Intellectual Property practice received 10 practice rankings in addition to 26 ranked firm lawyers, six more than last year, in the 2021 IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, a guide identifying the top patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe.
The guide highlighted the firm’s well-roundedness and ability to tackle all aspects of IP law including prosecution, transactions and litigation: “Baker Botts illuminates the entire patent world for clients; well versed in all facets of patent law, its richly resourced, talented and versatile team procures commercially valuable rights, litigates with confidence and poise, and wins hearts and minds around the deal negotiating table. The practitioners here employ a global scheme of thinking, too, further shattering the limits on their practice."
The firm rankings are as follows:
- California – Litigation and Prosecution
- DC Metro Area – Litigation and Prosecution
- New York – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
- Texas – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
The publication also noted that the firm “maintains a large group of versatile lawyers who stay sharp in multiple areas of patent practice and can pivot with agility when needed.”
A total of 26 lawyers were recognized:
- Hogene Choi – Prosecution
- Hopkins Guy – Litigation
- Christopher Palermo - Prosecution
- Travis Thomas – Prosecution
- Eliot Williams – Litigation
DC Metro Area
- Lisa Kattan – Litigation
- Daniel Hulseberg – Prosecution and Transactions
- Steve Lendaris – Prosecution and Transactions
- Robert Maier – Litigation
- Paul Ragusa – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
- Robert Scheinfeld – Litigation and Prosecution
- Neil Sirota – Litigation
- Jennifer Tempesta – Litigation
- Samir Bhavsar – Prosecution
- Christa Brown-Sanford – Prosecution and Transactions
- Roger Fulghum – Litigation
- Michael Hawes – Litigation
- Douglas Kubehl – Litigation and Transactions
- Kevin Meek – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
- Paul Morico – Litigation
- Kurt Pankratz – Litigation
- Margaret Sampson - Transactions
- Barton Showalter – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
- Neil Coulson – Litigation
Baker Botts provides a large team of focused and technically trained IP lawyers who work with our technology, life sciences, and energy clients to provide creative solutions for their toughest challenges. With over 180 attorneys and patent professionals dedicated to IP from coast to coast and across the globe, Baker Botts has one of the largest and most highly regarded IP practices of any general practice law firm. Its lawyers collectively hold over 240 scientific and technical degrees, including over 20 PhDs.
To view Baker Botts’ full list of rankings in the IAM Patent 1000, click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.