Deal Description: On June 20, 2021, Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK) (“Westlake”) announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Boral Industries Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Boral Limited (ASX: BLD), under which Westlake will acquire Boral’s North American building products businesses in roofing; siding, trim and shutters; decorative stone; and windows for $2.15 billion in an all-cash transaction. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021, subject to the receipt of regulatory clearance as well as other customary closing conditions.
Baker Botts L.L.P. is advising Westlake in the transaction.
Baker Botts Lawyers/Office Involved:
- Corporate: Tim Taylor (Partner, Houston); Carina Antweil (Partner, Houston); Lakshmi Ramanathan (Senior Associate, Houston); Rob Cowan (Associate, Houston); Will Cozzens (Associate, Houston); Bryson Manning (Associate, Houston)
- Finance: Robert Wann (Partner, New York); Taylor Courtade (Associate, Dallas)
- Tax: Jon Lobb (Partner, Houston); Snow Rui (Associate, Dallas)
- Antitrust: Thomas Fina (Partner, Washington, D.C.); Brian Byrne (Special Counsel, Brussels); Sarah Zhang (Associate, Washington, D.C.)
- Employee Benefits: Gail Stewart (Partner, Houston); Sheena McCaffrey (Special Counsel, London); Gabriela Alvarez (Associate, Houston)
- Labor & Employment: Jennifer Trulock (Partner, Dallas); Leanne Thoreson (Staff Attorney, Dallas)
- Intellectual Property: Liz Flannery (Partner, Houston); Michelle Eber (Special Counsel, Houston); Fred Carbone (Associate, Houston)
- Real Estate: Connie Simmons Taylor (Partner, Houston); Melanie Henson (Special Counsel, London); Austin Jennings (Associate, Houston)
- Environmental: Scott Janoe (Partner, Houston); Cole Killion (Associate, Houston)
- Litigation: Kevin Jacobs (Partner, Houston); Kristina Vu (Associate, Houston)
- Data Privacy: Cynthia Cole (Partner, Palo Alto); Nick Palmieri (Associate, New York)
For more information, please see Westlake’s news release by clicking here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 700 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the technology, energy, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.