PALO ALTO, June 17, 2020 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that the firm’s Intellectual Property practice received nine rankings in addition to 20 ranked firm lawyers in the 2020 IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, a guide identifying the top patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the world.
The guide pointed out the firm’s broad and full-service approach: “You have to tip your hat to Baker Botts, which is extremely strong as both a patent prosecution and litigation firm. It stands out for the multidimensionality of its practice and the versatility of its lawyers.”
The firm rankings are as follows:
- California – Litigation
- DC Metro Area – Litigation and Prosecution
- New York – Litigation, Prosecution, and Transactions
- Texas – Litigation, Prosecution, and Transactions
The publication also noted that the firm is “a go-to for intricate patent matters and well-rounded advice. Its lawyers know clients’ technologies and competitors inside out, and devise pointed strategies that go to the heart of business.”
A total of 20 lawyers were recognized:
DC Metro Area
- Lisa Kattan – Litigation
- Luke K. Pedersen – Litigation, Prosecution, and Transactions
- Michael Sartori – Prosecution
- Robert Maier – Litigation
- Paul Ragusa – Litigation, Prosecution, and Transactions
- Robert C. Scheinfeld – Litigation
- Neil Sirota – Litigation
- Daniel Hulseberg – Prosecution and Transactions
- Roger Fulghum – Litigation
- Michael Hawes – Litigation
- Douglas M. Kubehl – Litigation and Transactions
- Kevin J. Meek – Litigation, Prosecution, and Transactions
- Paul Morico – Litigation
- Kurt Pankratz – Litigation
- Barton E. Showalter – Litigation, Prosecution, and Transactions
- Christa Brown-Sanford – Prosecution and Transactions
- Neil Coulson – Litigation
With more than 190 IP lawyers and patent professionals, holding over 240 technical degrees, Baker Botts has one of the largest and most highly regarded IP practices of any general practice law firm with a wealth of experience in prosecution, litigation, and technology transactions.
To view Baker Botts’ full list of rankings in the IAM Patent 1000, click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.