HOUSTON, June 29, 2020 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international energy and technology law firm, announced today that the firm earned a total of seven national rankings in a range of energy categories, including two Tier-1 rankings in Oil & Gas, along with rankings in Conventional Power and Renewables/Alternative Power.
These rankings come on the heels of the firm’s similarly impressive showing in Chambers USA 2020, in which Baker Botts earned Band-1 rankings nationally in Oil & Gas Litigation, Projects: LNG, and Projects: Oil & Gas, and was the only firm with two Band-1 lawyers ranked nationally in Energy: Electricity (Transactional).
The firm’s rankings in Legal 500 USA 2020 include Tier-1 practice rankings in:
- Energy: Litigation: Oil & Gas; and
- Energy: Transactions: Oil & Gas
The firm was also ranked in the following practices:
- Energy: Litigation: Conventional Power
- Energy: Regulation: Conventional Power
- Energy: Regulation: Oil & Gas
- Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power
- Energy: Transactions: Conventional Power
A total of 10 Baker Botts lawyers were recognized in these energy categories, including;
- Jason Bennett (Leading Lawyer) - Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas
- Michael Didriksen (Leading Lawyer) - Energy Transactions: Conventional Power
- William Kroger (Leading Lawyer) - Energy Litigation: Oil and Gas
- Elaine Walsh (Leading Lawyer) - Energy Transactions: Conventional Power
- William Lamb (Leading Lawyer) - Energy Transactions: Conventional Power
- Steven Miles (Hall of Fame) - Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas
- Courtney Fore (Next Generation Partner) - Energy Transactions: Conventional Power
- Erin Hopkins (Next Generation Partner) - Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas
- Scott Looper (Next Generation Partner) - Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas
- Emil Barth (Rising Star) - Energy Regulation: Conventional Power; and Energy Regulation: Oil and Gas
To view Baker Botts’ complete results in Legal 500 US 2020, click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 750 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.