HOUSTON, April 24, 2020 - Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that Chambers USA 2020 has awarded the firm 35 practice group rankings and 14 new individual lawyer rankings, seven of whom are women or diverse. The publication also ranked Baker Botts as “Band 1” in its new national category, Oil & Gas Litigation.
Overall, the firm earned 10 practice group rankings in Band 1, three more than last year:
- National: Oil & Gas Litigation
- National: Projects: LNG
- National: Projects: Oil & Gas
- Texas: Environment
- Texas: Intellectual Property
- Texas: Litigation: Appellate
- Texas: Litigation: Securities
- Texas: Real Estate
- Texas: Tax
- Texas: Houston & Surrounds Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
In addition, the firm moved up to Band 2 nationally in two categories: Antitrust; and Energy: Electricity (Transactional). The firm also ranked in Band 2 in the new category, Texas: Austin & Surrounds: Litigation: General Commercial; and the firm’s Intellectual Property practice has been ranked in California for the first time.
The firm also received 14 new individual lawyer rankings, seven of whom are women or diverse:
- Maureen Ohlhausen, National: Antitrust, District of Columbia: Antitrust (Eminent Practitioner)
- William Kroger, National: Oil & Gas Litigation (Band 1)
- Louis Layrisson, National: Oil & Gas Litigation (Band 1)
- Meghan McElvy, National: Oil & Gas Litigation
- Jason Newman, National: Oil & Gas Litigation (Band 1)
- Lily Chinn, California: Environment
- Anne Carpenter, District of Columbia: Environment
- Nadira Clarke, District of Columbia: Environment
- Michael Perry, District of Columbia: Antitrust
- Steven Solow, District of Columbia: Environment (Band 2)
- Danny Worrell, Texas: Environment (Band 2)
- Christa Brown-Sanford, Texas: Intellectual Property
- Amy Hefley, Texas: Litigation: Securities
Regarding the firm’s capabilities in Oil & Gas Litigation, market commentators noted: “They’re smart, they work well together and are very organized. They are engaged in their matters and definitely have a lot of oil and gas market expertise.”
Additionally, a firm client praised the Baker Botts’ Environmental practice as “among the most sophisticated environmental practice groups; their understanding of the business issues related to the legal side is very useful.”
To see the full Chambers USA 2020 rankings, please click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 750 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.