HOUSTON, April 29, 2020 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced that Chambers USA 2020 has awarded its lawyers 18 “Band 1” individual rankings, a 38% increase from last year, with 101 individual rankings overall. These rankings are in addition to the firm’s 10 Band-1 practice rankings, up from seven last year, announced here.
Maureen Ohlhausen was named an Eminent Practitioner in Antitrust, both nationally and in the District of Columbia. In addition, the following individuals were again named “Senior Statesmen”: James Rill in National: Antitrust and District of Columbia: Antitrust; Thomas Eastment in National: Energy: Oil & Gas (Regulatory & Litigation); Bill Jeffress in National: Litigation: Trial Lawyers and District of Columbia: Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations; and Rod Phelan in Texas: Litigation: General Commercial. Jon Dunlay was again named a Star Individual in Texas: Real Estate.
The firm earned the following 18 individual Band-1 lawyer rankings, a 38% increase from 2019:
- Joshua Davidson, National: Capital Markets: Debt & Equity: Central United States
- William Lamb, National: Energy: Electricity (Transactional)
- Elaine Walsh, National: Energy: Electricity (Transactional)
- William Kroger, National: Oil & Gas Litigation
- Louis Layrisson, National: Oil & Gas Litigation
- Jason Newman, National: Oil & Gas Litigation
- Jason Bennett, National: Projects: LNG
- David Jetter, National: Projects: LNG
- Steven Miles, National: Projects: LNG
- James Barkley, Texas: Energy: State & Regulatory Litigation (Oil & Gas), Texas: Energy: State & Regulatory Litigation (Electricity)
- Molly Cagle, Texas: Environment
- Matthew Kuryla, Texas: Environment
- Barton Showalter, Texas: Intellectual Property
- Thomas Phillips, Texas: Litigation: Appellate
- David Sterling, Texas: Litigation: Securities
- Mark Bodron, Texas: Houston & Surrounds: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Gail Stewart, Texas: Houston & Surrounds: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
The firm also earned 19 Band-2 individual rankings, a 19% increase from 2019:
- John Taladay, National: Antitrust, National: Antitrust: Cartel, District of Columbia: Antitrust
- Megan Berge, National: Climate Change
- Michael Goldberg, National: International Arbitration
- Steven Miles, National: Projects
- Stephen Weissman, District of Columbia: Antitrust
- Steven Solow, District of Columbia: Environment
- Luke Weedon, Texas: Banking & Finance
- Neel Lemon, Texas: Corporate/M&A
- Andrea Stover, Texas: Energy: State & Regulatory Litigation (Electricity)
- Scott Janoe, Texas: Environment
- Jennifer Keane, Texas: Environment
- Danny Worrell, Texas: Environment
- Macey Stokes, Texas: Litigation: Appellate
- Stephen Marcus, Texas: Tax
- Richard Husseini, Texas: Tax: Litigation
- Jordan Herman, Texas: Technology: Corporate & Commercial
- Eric Winwood, Texas: Dallas, Fort Worth & Surrounds: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
A complete list of Chambers USA 2020 individual lawyer rankings, in addition to the firm’s 35 practice group rankings, can be found here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 650 lawyers practicing throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.