Baker Botts Adds Renowned Oil and Gas Transactional Lawyer in Austin
AUSTIN, January 22, 2020 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international energy and technology law firm, announced today the addition of Gaye Lentz, a new partner in the Global Projects Department in the Austin office.
“Gaye is a highly experienced oil & gas lawyer who adds additional strength to our market-leading oil & gas upstream and midstream capabilities. With her transactional expertise serving industry players, management teams and private equity firms, Gaye will be a tremendous addition for our midstream and upstream oil and gas clients,” said John Martin, Managing Partner of Baker Botts.
Ms. Lentz joins Baker Botts from Thompson & Knight, where her practice focused on advising midstream and upstream oil and gas clients, particularly management teams working with private equity groups and private equity firms.
“Gaye’s practice is a fantastic fit for the firm’s Global Projects Department. She is an exceptional transactional oil and gas lawyer with significant expertise serving the upstream and midstream markets. As we expand our midstream, infrastructure and upstream transactional practices in the oil and gas space, I have no doubt that Gaye will be a major resource for our clients,” commented Jason Bennett, Firmwide Chair of Baker Botts’ Global Projects Department.
Ms. Lentz graduated with honors in 1995 from Texas A&M University as a President’s Endowed Scholar with a B.S. in Petroleum Engineering and earned her J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law in 2000. Prior to her legal career, Ms. Lentz was a petroleum engineer for a leading independent exploration and production company.
“I am very excited to have joined a leading international energy law firm with a world-class client platform. Baker Botts is on an exciting journey as it looks to expand its midstream and upstream oil and gas transactional and private equity capabilities even further, and I look forward to playing an important role,” added Ms. Lentz.
Baker Botts was recently named a winner of Law360's Energy Practice Group of the Year for 2019, as a result of the firm’s lawyers acting on a number of high-profile and precedent-setting matters of late, including:
- Representing BP plc in the $5.6 billion sale of its entire Alaska business to an affiliate of Hilcorp Energy Co.;
- Advising Murphy Oil Corporation’s subsidiary, Murphy Exploration & Production Company – USA, in its acquisition of deep-water Gulf of Mexico assets from LLOG Exploration Offshore, L.L.C. and LLOG Bluewater Holdings, L.L.C.;
- Obtaining the dismissal of a high-profile lawsuit against Kinder Morgan Texas Pipeline, LLC and Permian Highway Pipeline;
- Acting for EnLink Midstream, LLC in its $13 billion acquisition of EnLink Midstream Partners, LP in a simplification transaction;
- Advising Sempra Energy regarding all aspects of the development of its multibillion-dollar LNG Projects in Texas and in Mexico; and
- Acting for Sunnova Energy International Inc. in its initial public offering of common stock.
To schedule an interview with Ms. Lentz, please contact Sheena Cochran.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.