PALO ALTO, June 11, 2019 - In the 2019 edition of The Legal 500 United States, Baker Botts ranked in Tier 1 in Energy: Litigation - Oil & Gas and Energy: Transactions: Oil and Gas for the ninth consecutive year. Overall, Baker Botts earned 37 rankings.
In its commentary on the firm’s energy practice, the publication stated, “Baker Botts L.L.P. has a truly full-service practice covering all three streams of the oil and gas sector.” “The team at Baker Botts L.L.P. has 'deep knowledge and relevant industry experience' across the full range of upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas work,” it continued.
In the 2019 edition, Baker Botts increased 17 practice rankings and earned two new rankings in Dispute Resolution: General Commercial Disputes and Dispute Resolution: Leading Trial Lawyers.
In addition to the practice rankings, the publication named five partners as “Leading Lawyers” in the following practices:
- Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration
- Michael Goldberg (Hall of Fame) *
The Legal 500 United States also selected seven firm partners as “Next Generation Lawyers” and three lawyers as “Rising Stars”:
Next Generation Lawyers
- William Lavery – Antitrust: Civil Litigation/Class Actions – Defense
- Michael Perry - Antitrust: Merger Control
- Danny David - Dispute Resolution: M&A Litigation – Defense
- Erin Hopkins – Energy: Transactions - Oil and Gas
- Christa Brown-Sanford - Intellectual Property: Patents – Licensing
- Hogene Choi - Intellectual Property: Patents - Prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings)
- Katharine Burke - Intellectual property: Trade Secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Sarah Dodson - Finance: Capital markets - Equity Offerings
- Courtney Fore – Energy: Transactions - Conventional Power
- Scott Looper – Energy: Transactions - Oil and Gas
To see the full list of the firm’s rankings, please click here.
*According to the publication, “The Legal 500 Hall of Fame highlights individuals who have received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence. The Hall of Fame highlights, to clients, the law firm partners who are at the pinnacle of the profession.”
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.