PALO ALTO, June 13, 2019 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international technology and energy law firm, today announced that the firm’s Intellectual Property practice and a number of its lawyers were again ranked in the 2019 IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, a guide identifying the top patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the world.
The guide commented on the firm’s global presence and breadth of capabilities: “Seen through the prism of its patent practice, the culture of collaboration at Baker Botts is incredibly strong; lawyers across offices and different patent disciplines – prosecution, litigation and transactions – work in perfect harmony to deliver holistic IP solutions.”
The firm rankings are as follows:
- National – Litigation
- California – Litigation
- DC Metro Area – Litigation and Prosecution
- New York – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
- Texas – Litigation and Prosecution
Additionally, this year's IAM Patent 1000 noted that the firm “consistently fields one of the strongest multi-service patent practices of any general commercial firm and, as a result, cultivates a complete understanding of its clients’ innovations and businesses.”
A total of 22 lawyers were recognized in the 2019 IAM Patent 1000, including:
- Lisa Kattan – ITC
- Bryant C. Boren – Litigation
- Hopkins Guy – Litigation
- Wayne Stacy – Litigation
- Travis Thomas – Prosecution
DC Metro Area
- Lisa Kattan – Litigation
- Luke Pedersen – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
- Michael Sartori – Prosecution
- Daniel Hulseberg – Prosecution and Transactions
- Rob Maier – Litigation
- Paul Ragusa – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
- Rob Scheinfeld – Litigation
- Neil Sirota – Litigation
- Roger Fulghum – Litigation
- Michael Hawes – Litigation
- Douglas Kubehl – Litigation and Transactions
- Kevin Meek – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
- Paul Morico – Litigation
- Kurt Pankratz – Litigation
- Christa Brown-Sanford – Transactions
- Bart Showalter – Litigation, Prosecution and Transactions
- David Weaver – Litigation
- Neil Coulson – Litigation
With more than 180 IP lawyers and patent professionals, holding over 220 technical degrees, Baker Botts has an incredibly deep bench of practitioners with a wealth of experience in patent litigation, patent prosecution and post-grant proceedings.
To view Baker Botts' full list of rankings in the IAM Patent 1000, please click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 750 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.