WASHINGTON, D.C., April 30, 2019 – Baker Botts Partner and Chair of the firm’s Antitrust and Competition practice, Maureen Ohlhausen and Corporate Special Counsel, Cynthia Cole will be speaking at the Global Privacy Summit on May 3rd in Washington D.C.
More information on Ms. Ohlhausen and Ms. Cole’s panels can be found below:
"Privacy and Antitrust: Regulating a Digital Economy"
In this session, FTC Commissioner Rebecca Slaughter discusses the privacy implications for antitrust policy and competition considerations in consumer protection with Maureen Ohlhausen, partner at Baker Botts and former acting chairman of the FTC.
What you’ll take away:
- Learn about the policy considerations at the juncture of antitrust and privacy
- Hear about the FTC’s policy making and enforcement agenda
- Engage with leading experts on the law, economics and policies of digital platforms
We will discuss the connection between privacy and the #MeToo movement, exploring the bias and harassment that threatens human dignity, autonomy and professional viability, and the ways that the struggle for an equal playing field is mirrored by growing dissatisfaction with the privacy status quo.
What you'll take away:
- The intersection of data privacy and the #MeToo movement
- How they are both related to issues of self and identity
- How social media platforms allow personal expression—but at what price?
- Overall, how #MeToo and other movements that attempt to deconstruct bias and harassment are mirrored in the growing dissatisfaction with the privacy status quo
Learn more about Baker Botts’ Privacy and Data Security practice.
The Global Privacy Summit 2019 will gather more than 3,600 professionals, over four days, from around the world for an outstanding program with a truly global focus. The IAPP is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource.
To schedule an interview with Maureen Ohlhausen or Cynthia Cole, please contact Sheena Cochran.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 700 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 12 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.