BRUSSELS, August 31, 2017 - Baker Botts, a leading international law firm, announced today that five lawyers from its global Antitrust Practice, together with European regulators, leading academics, economists and in-house antitrust experts will be taking part in its Global Antitrust Conference, in partnership with Concurrences Review, on Thursday, 7 September in Brussels at the Hilton Brussels Grand Place.
“We are pleased to be hosting this conference for the fifth year and offering a platform for our clients to hear more from leading experts about the transatlantic antitrust issues at the forefront of their minds,” said Catriona Hatton, Partner in Charge of the firm's Brussels office and Co-Chair of the firm's global Antitrust Practice.
“Baker Botts has been recognised as having one of the top global Antitrust practices and I am thrilled that we will be able to share our latest insights with the participants in Brussels,” said John Taladay, Co-Chair of the firm’s Antitrust Practice and Partner in Charge of Baker Botts’ Washington D.C. office.
Hot Topics in Innovation Markets
- Cyril Ritter - Case officer, DG COMP, Brussels
- Ariel Ezrachi - Professor, Oxford
- Theon Van Dijk - Director, E.CA Economics
- Chair: Paul Lugard - Partner, Baker Botts, Brussels
EU/US/Asia Merger Developments In 2017
- Hanna Anttilainen - Head of Unit Mergers, Energy and Environment, DG COMP, Brussels
- Philipp von Huelsen - Head of Legal and Compliance, European Regional Operating Unit, Boehringer Ingelheim, Amsterdam
- Cristina Caffarra - Vice President, CRA, London/Brussels
- Steve Weissman - Partner, Baker Botts, Washington D.C.
- Chair: Catriona Hatton - Partner, Baker Botts, Brussels
Investigations and Rights of Defense
- Nicholas Khan - Legal adviser, Legal service Competition, European Commission, Brussels
- Hanns Peter Nehl - Legal Secretary, General Court of the EU, Luxembourg
- John Taladay - Partner, Baker Botts Washington D.C.
- Chair: Georg Berrisch - Partner, Baker Botts, Brussels
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 700 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 12 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.