The overall discussion covered a number of topics including:
- The impact the new administration will have on antitrust enforcement
- Mergers in distressed industries
- Joint ventures and collaboration among competitors
- The criminalization of “no poach” and wage fixing agreements
- Criminal antitrust enforcement
The partners analyzed antitrust enforcement in the Obama administration and compared it to enforcement in previous administrations. They also made specific predictions concerning antitrust enforcement in the Trump administration pertaining to mergers, cartels and civil (non-merger) litigation. The conference was well attended and there was lively discussion with the audience.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 700 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the technology, energy, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.