WASHINGTON, March 15, 2016 - Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, is pleased to announce its Antitrust and Competition Law practice is shortlisted on the Global Competition Review’s (GCR) annual awards in five separate categories. The award winners will be announced at the GCR’s 6th Annual Awards Ceremony held in Washington D.C. on April 5, 2016.
The GCR awards aim to recognize the achievements of teams and individuals from private practice firms, corporate legal departments, economic consultancies, academic organizations and competition authorities in 2015.
Baker Botts is shortlisted in the following GCR Award categories:
- Behavioural matter of the year (Agency) – Europe - Creative, strategic and innovative work carried out in a behavioural matter on behalf of a defendant, a competition authority or a third party in Europe. Baker Botts is on the shortlist for the airplane engines and components inquiry.
- Litigation of the year – Non-cartel defence - Creative, strategic and innovative litigation on behalf of a defendant. Baker Botts is being considered for direct and indirect purchasers v. Eaton, DaimlerChrysler, VolvoMack, Navistar and PACCAR.
- Lawyer of the year - A competition lawyer whose superior skill, practical judgement and excellence in client service in 2015 demonstrate that he or she is among the very best in the field. Baker Botts partner Stephen Weissman is among those shortlisted.
- Litigator of the year - A competition litigator whose superior technical skill, practical judgement and excellence in serving clients in court in 2015 demonstrate that he or she is among the very best in the field. Baker Botts partner Stephen Weissman is among those shortlisted.
- Enforcement action of the year - The best decision or enforcement action from a competition authority or court in 2015. Baker Botts partner Stephen Weissman is on the shortlist for U.S. Federal Trade Commission v. Sysco/US Foods - a case he worked on during his prior role at the FTC.
Baker Botts antitrust lawyers are globally recognized for taking on and winning high-stakes competition challenges around the world. They represent many of the world’s leading companies in mergers and acquisitions, complex civil antitrust litigation, international cartel matters and other investigations and proceedings by U.S., European and other international antitrust enforcement agencies.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 700 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the technology, energy, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.