Baker Botts hosted a webinar on Thursday, March 26, which focused on the following:
States, cities, and counties across the United States are entering "stay at home" orders for their citizens - all with exceptions for "essential" and "critical" functions. This has raised a myriad of questions for companies trying to comply with these orders while also trying to maintain necessary operations, including.
- What are "essential employees" or "essential operations" and how are those broad categories defined and applied differently in different regions?
- How "essential" businesses should proceed - and determine who should be called to work, and when - absent clear guidance or precedent?
- Is it advisable to issue "hall passes" to essential employees?
- How should companies communicate and interact with their customers, suppliers, and contractors on these issues?
- How should companies communicate with personnel in regional or district offices in the same or other states - including those who are anxious to work and those who are managing family and personal circumstances at home?
- What considerations need to be given to employees traveling across county or state lines with such restrictions?
To register to view a recording of this webinar, please click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 750 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.