This CLE program on departing employees and data security will discuss the legal, technological, and practical steps which employers, employees and their attorneys can take to minimize the risks of insider data security breaches and how to limit the damage from such data leaks.
- how to draft and enforce policies and agreements to prevent data loss by departing employees, including Bring-Your-Own-Devices policies
- how to anticipate and detect potential data breaches by departing employers
- how to coordinate internal and external resources to prevent, detect and respond to data leaks
- how to respond to a threatened or actual data breach involving an out-going employee, including ethical considerations
- which claims and defenses may arise out of data breaches involving former employees and their new employers
- how to avoid common missteps and mistakes when dealing with data breaches by ex-employees
- how to limit legal and regulatory exposure from data breaches by former employees