Baker Botts' annual Antitrust Developments and Trends Seminar will take place on Tuesday, March 7th.
The seminar covering the latest developments in the rapidly evolving antitrust, competition and data privacy arenas will be hosted virtually. Our CLE sessions will cover the latest practical developments in mergers, business agreements, non-competes and unilateral conduct and internal investigations.
To join the webinar, please use the following links:
- Panels 1 & 2: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/4106770/F1CDBB3C256DBAB71926EE85FAD50DB3
- Panels 3, 4 & Breakouts: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/4099375/28380080524879D27D5A4A2DE8120D94
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ET (Session 1: Hot Topics in Global and Local Antitrust) Are there new rules of the road with regards to competition policy in both Europe and the U.S., and who do they impact? This session will provide insights into the guardrails, guidelines and regulations the agencies – both in the U.S. and globally – are putting into place, in addition to a discussion as to where merger policy is heading in the future. Panelists: Maureen Ohlhausen, Matthew Levitt, Taylor Owings, James Lloyd
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET (Session 2: Managing Merger Filing and Integration Planning) Securing agency merger clearance for cross-border M&A transactions in today’s world entails tougher review and more complex theories of harm. Foreign direct investment and subsidy controls are also becoming a factor affecting many cross-border deals. Drawing on Baker Botts’ extensive M&A experience across multiple industries and countries, this session will be a “how to” guide for companies like yours for managing the antitrust review process in an international transaction. Panelists will discuss risk forecasting, multi-jurisdictional filing considerations, the practical impact of agencies’ focus on vertical issues and data access/use, learnings from recent merger enforcement, and “do’s and don’ts” for successful integration planning. Panelists: Jody Boudreault, David Cardwell, Paul Cuomo
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET (Session 3: Fundamentals for in-house counsel) This panel will focus on topics and questions that are consistently on the minds of in-house counsels. Panelists will discuss what keeps them up at night and how they go about resolving their most pressing antitrust dilemmas. The discussion will identify tactics for minimizing risk, training colleagues, and efficiently utilizing outside counsel. Panelists: Jeffrey Oliver, Pardeis Heidari, Ruediger Schuett, Thomas McCabe
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET (Session 4: Antitrust Litigation Updates and Trends) This session will focus on the latest developments in antitrust litigation, including an in-depth analysis on key class action and MDL trends, the intersection of antitrust and IP, the potential impact of recent Supreme Court cases, and the increased frequency of State AG-initiated litigation. The panel discussion will also provide insights and perspectives on the future of DOJ and FTC enforcement in the current administration. Panelists: Erik Koons, William Lavery, Christopher Wilson
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET (Breakout Sessions)
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.