Baker Botts in partnership with Concurrences and Oxera invite you to join our second online edition of IP & Antitrust: Hot Issues. The program will consist of two panel discussions that will run from Tuesday 7 to Wednesday 8 June 2022.
Panel 1 - Tuesday 7 June 2022
SEPs: Is there a Need to Review the Balance between Intellectual Property and Antitrust Priorities?
The panel will focus on the announced EU Commission's framework for licensing, litigation, and remedies of standard-essential patents (SEPs) and regulatory initiatives in other jurisdictions.
Keynote: Pierre Regibeau, Chief Economist, DG COMP, Brussels
- Jonathan Barnett, Professor, Gould School of Law at University of Southern California
- Giovanni Napolitano, Director, Intellectual Property and Competition, World Intellectual Property Organization, Geneva
- Maureen Ohlhausen, Partner, Baker Botts, Washington D.C.
- Michael Schloegl, Head of IP SEP, General IP Counsel RO, Continental Frankfurt
Moderator: Avantika Chowdhury, Partner, Oxera, London
Click here to view the post event synthesis of the panel.
Panel 2 - Wednesday 8 June 2022
FRAND and SEPs Litigation
The panel will discuss dispute-related issues associated with the licensing of SEPs, including main developments in Germany, the U.S. and other key jurisdictions, ASIs, and the future of SEP litigation.
Keynote: Christine Wilson, Commissioner, U.S. Federal Trade Commission, Washington D.C.
- Jay Jurata, Partner, Orrick, Washington D.C.
- Michael L. Kelley, Partner, Axinn, Washington D.C.
- Florian Mueller, Founder, Foss Patents, Munich
- Renato Nazzini, Professor, King’s College London
- Gunnar Niels, Partner, Oxera, Oxford
Moderator: Paul Lugard, Partner, Baker Botts, Brussels
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.