Baker Botts Partners Travis Wofford and Doug Getten are speaking at Infocast's virtual webinar titled, "Understanding the SPAC Lifecycle & Current Market" on November 10, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. PDT. Get the lowdown on SPAC deals and master this effective alternative to traditional IPOs. Special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) are an IPO used to raise money for an entity without business operations to acquire another business within a designated time frame.
Today, hundreds of SPACs are eager to acquire private companies at compelling valuations. With so many new entrants interested in SPACs, the SPAC market is changing on an almost daily basis. The sponsor economics are ever-evolving and deal terms can be all over the map, making it all the more important that market participants understand the latest developments and leverage points. Understanding the players, the process and the playbook are important to ensuring success.
In this webinar we will address:
- What is a SPAC? The SPAC lifecycle and features, including stock redemptions and the deadline to find a deal
- Why do sponsors, investors and targets choose a SPAC? Unique value drivers in SPAC transactions
- Comparing the DeSPAC to traditional IPOs and sale
- Overview of the SPAC market, new developments, and where we go from here
- Deal process and protections unique to SPAC transactions
- The webinar will close with a 15-minute audience Q&A session including all participants.
- Moderator: Travis Wofford - Partner, Baker Botts
- Panelist: Joseph Fede - Senior Manager, Withum Smith+Brown
- Panelist: Doug Getten - Partner, Baker Botts
- Panelist: Shail Mehta - Managing Director & Global Co-Head of Clean Energy Transition, Citi
To register for the webinar, click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 700 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.