Baker Botts, in partnership with Concurrences is delighted to sponsor the 9th Annual Global Antitrust Seminar. This year's Seminar will take the form of a three-day virtual programme, Tuesday-Thursday, 21-23 September 2021.
These webinars provide an exciting opportunity for participants to hear from leading policy makers, corporate executives, academics and industry professionals on key global competition-related challenges and trends.
Tuesday, 21 September:
Opening Discussion: Biden Antitrust on a Global Stage
- Christine S. Wilson, Commissioner, U.S. FTC
- Catriona Hatton, Co-Chair Global Antitrust Group, Baker Botts
Panel 1: Merger Review - A New Era of Enforcement (EU, UK, U.S. Focus)
- Colin Raftery, Senior Director for mergers, UK Competition and Markets Authority, London
- Simon Genevaz, Deputy Head of Unit - Mergers case support and policy, DG COMP, Brussels
- Tero Louko, European Competition Counsel, Google, Stockholm
- Jeffrey Oliver, Partner Baker Botts
- Chair: Matthew Levitt, Partner, Baker Botts
Wednesday, 22 September:
Panel 2: Competitor Collaboration in a New Antitrust Era - A Focus on Sustainability and Data Sharing
- Sophie Moonen, Head of the Antitrust case support and policy Unit, DG COMP, Brussels
- Siún O’Keeffe, Acting Team Manager Legal Affairs Department, Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets, The Hague
- Kai-Uwe Kuhn, Academic Advisor, The Brattle Group, Brussels
- Dirk Middelschute, VP Global General Counsel Competition, Unilever, Brussels
- Micah Rubbo, Associate Director, Litigation, Regulatory, & Competition, Twitter, San Francisco, California
- Co-Chairs: Paul Lugard, Partner, Baker Botts and Taylor Owings, Partner, Baker Botts
Thursday, 23 September:
Panel 3: In-house Counsel Round-Table - Global Antitrust and Merger Enforcement and Emerging Regimes: Key issues for in-house counsel
- Antoine Chapsal, Managing Principal, Analysis Group, Brussels/Paris
- Courtney Dean, Assistant General Counsel, Caterpillar, Peoria, Illinois (tbc)
- Other panelists (tbc)
- Chair: David Cardwell, Partner, Baker Botts
If you are interested in attending please click here to register. Please note that you will need to register for each panel separately. The current version of the agenda is available via the Concurrences website. When registering you will also be able to download the calendar invite for each panel.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the technology, energy, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.