Global Antitrust Hot Topics, EU, U.S. & Global Perspectives Conference
Baker Botts, in partnership with Concurrences was delighted to sponsor the 9th Annual Global Antitrust Seminar. This year's Seminar took the form of a three-day virtual programme, Tuesday-Thursday, 21-23 September 2021.
The webinars provided an exciting opportunity for participants to hear from leading policy makers, corporate executives, academics and industry professionals on key global competition-related challenges and trends.
Tuesday, 21 September:
Opening Discussion: Biden Antitrust on a Global Stage
- Christine S. Wilson, Commissioner, U.S. FTC
- Catriona Hatton, Co-Chair Global Antitrust Group, Baker Botts
Panel 1: Merger Review - A New Era of Enforcement (EU, UK, U.S. Focus)
- Colin Raftery, Senior Director for mergers, UK Competition and Markets Authority, London
- Simon Genevaz, Deputy Head of Unit - Mergers case support and policy, DG COMP, Brussels
- Margaret Kyle, Chair, Intellectual Property and Markets for Technology, MINES ParisTech
- Tero Louko, European Competition Counsel, Google, Stockholm
- Jeffrey Oliver, Partner Baker Botts, Washington
- Chair: Matthew Levitt, Partner, Baker Botts, London/Brussels
Video recording of the opening discussion is available here.
Video recording of panel 1 is available here.
Wednesday, 22 September:
Panel 2: Competitor Collaboration in a New Antitrust Era - A Focus on Sustainability and Data Sharing
- Sophie Moonen, Head of the Antitrust case support and policy Unit, DG COMP, Brussels
- Siún O’Keeffe, Acting Team Manager Legal Affairs Department, Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets, The Hague
- Kai-Uwe Kuhn, Academic Advisor, The Brattle Group, Brussels
- Dirk Middelschute, VP Global General Counsel Competition, Unilever, Brussels
- Co-Chairs: Paul Lugard, Partner, Baker Botts, Brussels and Taylor Owings, Partner, Baker Botts, Washington
Video recording of panel 2 is available here.
Thursday, 23 September:
Panel 3: In-house Counsel Round-Table - Global Antitrust and Merger Enforcement and Emerging Regimes: Key issues for in-house counsel
- Antoine Chapsal, Managing Principal, Analysis Group, Brussels/Paris
- Hanna Danwall, Head of Competition Law, Carlsberg, Copenhagen
- Nick Hendon, Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions, Olin Corporation
- John Oxenham, Director, Primerio International, Johannesburg
- Chair: David Cardwell, Partner, Baker Botts, Brussels
Video recording of panel 3 is available here.
If you have any questions on this event please reach out to the Events Team.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.