Baker Botts is a proud sponsor of the Informa Connect Antitrust Texas Conference being held at the Magnolia Hotel in Houston, Texas, on Tuesday, September 28, 2021. The conference was created to provide a regional platform for in-house counsel to share antitrust best practices as well as the challenges they face. We invite you to attend and hear our Antitrust partners Taylor Owings and Jeff Oliver speak on the following panels at the conference:
Big Tech and Beyond – Part 2: Big Data and Privacy
Baker Botts partner Taylor Owings will be speaking on Big Tech and Beyond – Part 2: Big Data and Privacy from 12:20 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. CDT. The conversation will cover the following:
- With Big Data and innovation at the core of every industry, what are key Antitrust and Privacy issues companies face?
- The way forward for portability and interoperability?
- Exploring dark patterns and consumer choice
Challenges for Oil, Gas and Chemicals: Antitrust in a Consolidating Industries
Baker Botts partner Jeff Oliver will be speaking on Challenges for Oil, Gas and Chemicals: Antitrust in a Consolidating Industries from 4:00 p.m. – 4:40 p.m. CDT. The conversation will cover the following:
- Energy industry M&A
- Practical challenges around horizontal agreements and JVs
- Price indices and antitrust
- Challenges relating to collaborations on ESG, sustainability, and similar public interest areas
To download the full agenda and register for the event, please click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of more than 700 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.