On June 23, Baker Botts hosted a new quarterly Innovation Summit Series with The Ion. The inaugural Innovation Summit focused on the transformation of the energy sector – from digitalization to the investment landscape to support the energy transition. The event was virtual, with the fireside chat and rapid fire conversations broadcast live for the virtual audience from the forum stairs at The Ion.
To view the event, please visit the links below.
Fireside Chat: How Digitalization is Transforming the Energy Sector
The fireside chat will focus on the changing energy ecosystem, the impact on Houston and beyond for innovation within the energy sector, the ramifications for investment, and how the energy transition will impact each of our daily lives.
- John Martin, Managing Partner, Baker Botts
- Barbara Burger, Vice President, Innovation and President, Technology Ventures, Chevron
- Darryl Willis, Corporate Vice President, Energy Sector, Microsoft
Rapid Fire Conversation: Clean Energy Initiatives at The Ion
A rapid fire conversation between The Ion and Rice Alliance for Technology & Entrepreneurship on how they are supporting entrepreneurs focused on clean energy technologies.
- Jan Odegard, Executive Director, The Ion
- Brad Burke, Managing Director, Rice Alliance for Technology & Entrepreneurship
Panel Discussion: The Changing Energy Landscape: Energy Transition Investment Trends and Predictions
Panelists will discuss how investment trends are shaping the energy transition and provide predictions for how we will navigate the changing energy landscape.
- Alexina Jackson, Customer Innovation & Solutions Lead, VP, AES Next, The AES Corporation
- Chad Bown, Managing Partner, BP Ventures
- John Berger, Founder & CEO, Sunnova Energy Corporation
- Trevor Best, CEO, Syzygy Plasmonics Inc.
- Felix Phillips, Partner, Corporate, Baker Botts
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.