Due to the ongoing situation with the Coronavirus The Global Arbitration Review (GAR) have decided to postpone the annual GAR Live Moscow conference, due to be held on 19 March 2020 in Moscow.
Once a new date has been announced we will update the posting accordingly.
In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy, and let us know if we can be of any assistance during this challenging time. We hope our COVID-19 crisis response resource kit and daily updates on LinkedIn and Twitter can offer some support and answers for you.
The conference will be chaired by Dmitry Dyakin, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partner and Steven Finizio, WilmerHale, and will include panels on:
- Arbitration on the doorstep of the 2020s: how far have technological innovations gone and how serious are modern cybersecurity threats
- Asian opportunities and disputes
- The commoditisation of investment claims
- Transparency versus confidentiality in arbitration
- The GAR Live debate
The Keynote address will be delivered by Mikhail Galperin, Professor at the National Research University Higher School of Economics and Lord Peter Goldsmith QC, Debevoise & Plimpton.
Baker Botts Partner, Dr. Johannes Koepp, will be speaking during 'The Commoditisation of Investment Claims' panel which includes topics on:
- Can the commoditisation of investment claims and awards draw the additional criticism of the ISDS regime?
- Is there a need to regulate this sphere?
- What commercial and legal terms are used in third party funding? What are tips and tricks to get the third-party funding?
Please visit GAR Live for more information.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 750 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.