Baker Botts and the Women's General Counsel Network are proud to sponsor the NACD Northern California Chapter event on "Data Privacy: Ways to Avoid Serious Consequences."
You read about another privacy breach in the news almost every day. Facebook paid $5 billion for a privacy breach, British Airways $183 million, Google $56.8 million and Marriott is facing $124 million. GDPR is serious about privacy enforcement. In the U.S., there are hundreds of privacy laws spanning federal and state levels. It’s imperative today for board members to be knowledgeable about the data privacy landscape and emerging trends in order to assess the state of compliance and privacy protection present for the companies they serve.
Join us for discussions about:
- Emerging technologies that could improve data privacy and those that could lead to larger or more significant threat
- Evolving legislative/regulatory landscape including examples of recent breaches and associated consequences
- How companies are managing the ever-complex data environment
- Conclusions and key takeaways regarding what Boards need to know and do
- Cynthia Cole, Special Counsel, Baker Botts
- Meg Kammerud, Vice President of Legal, Shape Security
- Ashley Rose, CEO, Living Security
To learn more about NACD and to register for the event, click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.