Baker Botts is proud to be a part of the LNG 2019 Summit in Shanghai, the 19th International Conference and Exhibition on Liquefied Natural Gas, presented by the International Gas Union (IGU), Gas Technology Institute (GTI) and the International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR). LNG2019 will be the largest LNG event ever held in China, the world's fastest growing LNG market.
During LNG2019, we will have:
- LNG Practice Leader and Energy Sector Chair, partner Steven Miles, will co-chair the session on Linking the Value Chain for Financeability during which six papers will be presented by various industry leaders on, Thursday April 4, 10:00am - 12:30pm. The papers presented during Linking the Value Chain for Financeability explore the following issues from different perspectives, across regions and throughout the value chain, including downstream deregulation, access, shipping and upstream uncertainties:
- International Integrated gas projects such as LNG remain capital intensive and, in most cases, need to tap into the finance market
- Upstream projects face ongoing challenges including resource uncertainty, completion, technology and sovereign risk
- As downstream markets become more fragmented, deregulated and potentially less credit worthy, how (and who) will bring the value chain together?
- Partner Michael Arruda from our Beijing office will present his paper “Third Party Access in China’s LNG Market” during the Linking the Value Chain for Financeability session -Thursday, April 4, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Partner David Jetter from our Houston office will present his paper on “FSRUS: Facilitating New LNG Demand” during the Drivers for Demand Creation Across the World session, Wednesday, April 3, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm.
For more information about the conference and to register, please visit LNG2019.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.