Baker Botts is pleased to sponsor The CWC 19th Annual World LNG Summit on November 27-30 in Lisbon, Portugal.
The Nineteenth CWC World LNG Summit & Awards Evening is renowned for gathering the movers and shakers of the global LNG industry, year after year. Now in its 19th year, the Summit will continue to give access to premium networking opportunities as it brings together 500+ global LNG leaders for 4 days of high quality content.
On Tuesday, November 27, Baker Botts Partner and Global Projects Department Chair Jason Bennett and Baker Botts Partner Tom Holmberg will co-lead a pre-summit Masterclass on “LNG Marketing & Contracting in Today’s Market.” This Masterclass will focus on:
- The dynamics of marketing LNG supplies in today’s LNG market
- LNG sales agreement and how to achieve competing objectives of buyers and sellers
- LNG trading arrangements and agreements and how the market is changing
- LNG liquefaction and regasification project structures and how they affect LNG marketing and trading.
- Negotiation Workshop: Put these LNG marketing and trading concepts into practice. To close out the workshop, attendees will apply the principles discussed in the context of a hypothetical project
On Wednesday, November 28, Baker Botts Partner and Energy Sector Chair Steven Miles will moderate a panel on “LNG Leaders’ Panel: How are Business Models Evolving in the Global LNG Industry?” The panel will discuss:
- Defining competitive new business models for tomorrow’s world as the business environment changes quickly
- Key focus on the new trends and new roles for: NOCs, portfolio players, LNG traders, utilities, asset developers
- Consolidation or fragmentation: a key decision
- How are buyers responding to innovative business models from sellers?
- How is decarbonization impacting companies’ strategies?
- Gas advocacy: what more can our industry do to raise the voice of natural gas?