14th Biennial Oil & Gas Tax Conference, a nationally-recognized event, is a unique collaboration between The University of Texas School of Law and the Chief Counsel’s Office of the IRS, and provides an exchange of views and perspectives between the private sector and the Service. The 2017 program features a sophisticated array of presentations, panels, and discussions on current energy taxation issues, including:
• An Opening Presentation on The Global Energy Challenge and How the U.S. Fits
• Keynote Presentation by IRS LB&I Commissioner, Doug O’Donnell
• In-depth discussion on Capital Cost Recovery
• An analysis of Oil and Gas Investment Vehicles, including price and profitability issues and tax reform issues
• Select domestic tax issues: Partnership Allocation Issues, plus Tax Issues for Distressed Companies
• International tax issues: Current Issues in International Tax for the General Practitioner; in-depth discussion of International Tax Planning Issues; and International Compliance
• Hot Topics in Oil and Gas Tax
Baker Botts Tax partner Richard Husseini will be moderating the Tax Controversy and Audit: The Impact of the New LB&I Campaign Strategy on the Oil and Gas Sector discussion on Thursday, November 16.
To learn more about the conference click here.