The Mid-Year Meeting is a new two-day conference offered by the Association of Corporate Counsel that offers intensive education for in-house counsel on three tracks: Contracting Skills & Strategies, Corporate Governance & Board Service Best Practices and Financial Industry Compliance & Data Management. On the first day of the conference (April 11th), Litigation Partner Douglas Henkin will serve on a panel entitled “Hot Topics in Financial Industry Cybersecurity," joined by Maneesha Mithal, Associate Director of the Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, Federal Trade Commission, and David Ross, Assistant General Counsel, MetLife.
The panel presentation will:
- Discuss recent developments in the global regulatory landscape that impact cybersecurity compliance in the financial industry, and the sources of authority or reference for defining legal standards in this domain
- Review regulatory guidance that both identifies and raises questions on what is enough to satisfy an organization’s responsibilities to customers, employees, business partners and other stakeholders with respect to cybersecurity
- Identify best practices for effective implementation of cybersecurity measures
- Explore how a multinational financial institution can structure its cybersecurity program at the enterprise level without running afoul of foreign jurisdictions’ regulators
- Review the state of play in civil litigation over data breaches, including plaintiff strategies for overcoming motions to dismiss based on inadequate pleadings or standing
- Discuss recent settlements of major data breach class actions and their impact on future cases
For more information and to register for the ACC Mid Year Meeting, please click here.