DIVERSITY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
At Baker Botts, we are committed to the recruitment, retention and development of exceptional attorneys and law students. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives and the integral role they play in the continued growth and success of our Firm. The Baker Botts Diversity Fellowship is one of our many diversity programs aimed at promoting diversity here at our Firm and in the legal profession.
The highly qualified candidates selected to receive a fellowship will be eligible to receive up to $40,000 in stipends throughout the duration of their participation in the program, in addition to a salaried Summer Associate position.
The 2024 fellowship is open to all first year law students with an anticipated graduation date of May 2026, currently enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
- Our 2024 Online Application will open in November 2023
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (an unofficial transcript may be submitted until an official transcript can be provided)
- Official Law School Transcript (an unofficial transcript may be submitted until an official transcript can be provided)
- Personal Statement: Please discuss your commitment to promoting diversity in the legal profession or obstacles you have overcome in pursuing a legal career (500 words or less)
- Academic Achievement
- Demonstrated Leadership Attributes
- Demonstrated Commitment to Promoting Diversity in the Legal Profession
- Obstacles Overcome in Pursuing a Legal Career
- Long-term Interest in Practicing Law in Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C.
Questions? Please reach out to one of our local Recruiting Managers.