1L DIVERSITY FELLOWSHIP
At Baker Botts, we are committed to the recruitment, retention and development of exceptional attorneys and law students. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives and the integral role they play in the continued growth and success of our Firm. The Baker Botts 1L Diversity Fellowship is one of our many diversity programs aimed at promoting diversity here at our Firm and in the legal profession.
The Baker Botts 1L Diversity Fellowship will be awarded to talented first-year law students. Our Diversity Fellowship provides first-year law students with the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a large, global law firm through paid participation in our 2020 summer program, as well as, $12,500 in scholarship funds to assist with defraying the cost of a legal education. A selection panel comprised of members of the Diversity Committee will review the applications and invite the finalists for an in-person interview.
The fellowship is open to all first-year law students currently enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of May 2023, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
(Application Period for the 2021 1L Diversity Fellowship will begin on November 1, 2020)
- Complete Online Application
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (an unofficial transcript may be submitted until an official transcript can be provided)
- Official Law School Transcript (an unofficial transcript may be submitted until an official transcript can be provided)
- Personal Statement: Please discuss your commitment to promoting diversity in the legal profession or obstacles you have overcome in pursuing a legal career (500 words or less)
- Academic Achievement
- Demonstrated Leadership Attributes
- Demonstrated Commitment to Promoting Diversity in the Legal Profession
- Obstacles Overcome in Pursuing a Legal Career
- Long-term Interest in Practicing Law in Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C.
Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org