The following provides a compilation of the firm's ongoing DE&I News, Events, and Initiatives across our network of offices.
- Baker Botts Aids in Legislative Win for Pro Bono Client Texas Menstrual Equity Coalition
- U.S. Supreme Court Sides with Baker Botts Pro Bono Client, Gerald Groff, in Significant Religious Liberty Ruling
- Baker Botts Raises Over $28,000 for CAIR's Immigration Impact Lab
- Natalie Gonzales Earns Diversity Recognition from Lawyers of Color
- The American Law Institute Elects Baker Botts Partner Stephanie Cagniart to Membership
- Baker Botts Partner Nadira Clarke Elected President of Washington, D.C. Legal Aid Board of Trustees
- Baker Botts Helps Bring Folklorist Mack McCormick's Robert Johnson Biography to Life
- Baker Botts Partner Carina Antweil Named CIS of Houston's Pro Bono GC, Continuing Decades-Long Partnership Between Firm and Community Organization
- Pride Month Celebration
Ryan Jamaal Swain, Award Winning Actor & Activist was featured in a discussion focused on inspiring others to boldy pursue their dreams, including an empowering message of overcoming the odds while giving back to others.
- Juneteenth Celebration
Dr. Ashley Farmer, an Award Winning Historian & Associate Professor of African and African Diaspora Studies & History at The University of Texas at Austin, led a discussion on the origins of Juneteenth, its modern manifestations, and how both individuals and companies can honor and expend the principles at the core of this important holiday celebration.
- Memorial Day Remembrance
Sergeant Major Michael Grinston, the Highest Ranking Enlisted Soldier in the U.S. Army & the Principle Advisor to the Chief of Staff and Secretary of the U.S. Army, led a discussion about management and leadership in small teams - a topic that is important for all of our lawyers and staff.
- BB Vets
The firm recently launched this new initiative that is part of Baker Botts’ Veterans Affinity Group, which is comprised of over 40 firm lawyers and staff who are military veterans, military spouses or family members, and supporters of our mission. BB Vets is an active and essential component of our diversity and inclusion efforts in all our offices.