Baker Botts has played a significant role in the evolution of the energy industry from its earliest days. With over 175 years of experience in the energy industry, our Litigation Practice has grown and diversified with the industry, and today we are one of the world’s leading law firms serving the needs of clients in the energy sector.
We handle litigation for producers, processors, transporters, distributors and marketers of all forms of energy - oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, coal and electricity, as well as for the many service companies that support these activities.
We have a history of representing clients before federal and state trial and appellate courts and before federal and state regulatory bodies as well as in front of arbitration panels around the globe.
We handle disputes involving all aspects of the exploration, production, distribution, and marketing of energy products, including:
- Upstream Oil and Gas Operations
- Royalty Disputes-Private Litigation
- Royalty Disputes-Government Actions
- Supply Contract Litigation
- Service Contract Litigation
- Energy Project Construction Disputes
- Downstream Operations and Contracts
- Market Manipulation and Consumer Price-Fixing Litigation
- Regulatory Reviews and Rate-Making Proceedings
- Government Investigations and Litigation
- Trans-national Litigation
Institute for Energy Law - Energy Litigation 101 CLE Program Panel
Get Off My Lease: Predicting How Texas Courts Will Resolve Off-Lease Drilling Disputes Under Lightning Oil v. AnadarkoExternal Articles
Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law
Baker Botts will be hosting a webinar that discusses Legal Issues Associated with Production Projections on Tuesday, January 15th.
The Center for American and International Law’s Institute for Energy Law will hosts its 2nd National Young Energy Professionals’ Law Conference April 6-7, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana.