Baker Botts has played a significant role in the evolution of the energy industry from its earliest days. With over 175 years of experience in the energy industry, our Litigation Practice has grown and diversified with the industry, and today we are one of the world’s leading law firms serving the needs of clients in the energy sector.
We handle litigation for producers, processors, transporters, distributors and marketers of all forms of energy - oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, coal and electricity, as well as for the many service companies that support these activities.
We have a history of representing clients before federal and state trial and appellate courts and before federal and state regulatory bodies as well as in front of arbitration panels around the globe.
We handle disputes involving all aspects of the exploration, production, distribution, and marketing of energy products, including:
- Upstream Oil and Gas Operations
- Royalty Disputes-Private Litigation
- Royalty Disputes-Government Actions
- Supply Contract Litigation
- Service Contract Litigation
- Energy Project Construction Disputes
- Downstream Operations and Contracts
- Market Manipulation and Consumer Price-Fixing Litigation
- Regulatory Reviews and Rate-Making Proceedings
- Government Investigations and Litigation
- Trans-national Litigation
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
Energy Litigation Client Alert
Special Institute on Midstream Oil & Gas from the Upstream Perspective
Energy Litigation Update
Webinar Series - Pipeline Siting: Permitting Updates, Mitigation Requirements, and Land Use Issues in an Unpredictable Environment
Part one, “Webinar I: Update on Recent Regulatory and Permitting Developments and Impacts of Trump Administration on Pipeline Projects” will be presented on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. (CT).
The Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law is hosting their 13th annual TJOGEL Symposium from Thursday, February 1st to Friday, February 2nd in Austin, Texas.