Jennifer Wu represents clients in the life sciences, energy and technology industries in a wide variety of transactional and corporate matters, including private and public securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and ongoing general corporate governance.
Before joining Baker Botts, Ms. Wu served as a law clerk to the Honorable Wallace B. Jefferson, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Texas. During law school, she served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jeffrey S. White of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in San Francisco. Ms. Wu was also a member of the University of Pennsylvania Supreme Court Clinic, collaborating with the team to obtain a favorable decision before the Supreme Court of the United States in Vartelas v. Holder. She served as an executive board member of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law and was a member of the Penn Law Chapter of the American Inns of Court. Ms. Wu earned her Certificate in Business Economics and Public Policy from The Wharton School.
In addition, Ms. Wu is dedicated to serving the Austin community through her active involvement with The Junior League of Austin and Leadership Austin.
Capital Markets & Securities Offerings
- Represented the Special Committee of Western Gas Equity Partners, LP (NYSE: WGP) in providing partial financing for $750.0 million dropdown of assets by Anadarko Petroleum Company (NYSE: APC) to Western Gas Partners, LP (NYSE: WES)
- Represented Linn Energy, LLC (NASDAQ: LINE) and Linn Energy Finance Corp. in connection with their privately negotiated senior notes exchange of $2.0 billion of outstanding senior unsecured notes for $1.0 billion of newly issued senior secured second lien notes
- Represented EQT GP Holdings, LP (NYSE: EQGP) in connection with its $714.1 million initial public offering
- Represented ZS Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZSPH), a biopharmaceutical company in connection with its $123.0 million initial public offering
- Represented EQT Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE: EQM), a midstream master limited partnership (MLP), in connection with its $721.0 million public follow-on offering, subsequent commencement of its $750.0 million "at-the-market" continuous offering program, $405.7 million public "bought deal" equity offering, and $500.0 million public offering of senior notes
- Represented Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP (NYSE: TEP), a midstream MLP, in connection with its $319.5 million public follow-on offering, subsequent $569.2 million public follow-on offering, $400.0 million offering of senior notes, and $350.0 million offering of additional senior notes
- Represented Tallgrass Energy GP, LP (NYSE: TEGP), in connection with its $227.7 million underwritten secondary offering of Class A Shares
- Represented a pharmaceutical company issuing $15.5 million and a subsequent $20.6 million in Series C Preferred Stock
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented the Conflicts Committee of Williams Partners L.P. in its $11.4 billion financial repositioning transaction with The Williams Companies, Inc.
- Represented the Conflicts Committee of Williams Partners L.P. in its proposed $13.8 billion acquisition by The Williams Companies, Inc.
- Represented the Conflicts Committee of Williams Partners L.P. in $50.0 billion merger of Williams Partners L.P. with Access Midstream Partners, L.P.
- Represented the seller in a $600.0 million sale of a crude oil pipeline by a private sponsor to its affiliated MLP
Finance & Other Corporate Matters
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a secured debt financing with contemporaneous equity issuance
- Represented an air transportation company entering into operating leases with private equity lessors in the oil services industry for operations in Europe, Australia and Africa
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
Panelist, 26th Annual LLCs, LPs, and Partnerships Conference
Speaker, Global TEC (Technology, Education, and Careers) Forum
The Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law Panel, The University of Texas at Austin School of Law