Paulina Williams’ practice involves environmental litigation, regulatory compliance and transactional support relating to air, water, waste and natural resources issues. Ms. Williams’ experience includes air, wastewater and water rights permitting and permit defense and defense of private citizen suits in federal court. Ms. Williams regularly advises clients on compliance matters and regulatory developments.
Following graduation from law school, Paulina practiced in New York, focusing on real estate and land use matters in the context of public-private partnerships involving state and federal environmental impact reviews.
- Representation of power plant developers in air, wastewater and water rights permitting, including associated contested case hearings
- Representation of a chemical company in time-critical wastewater permitting for both a new and an existing facility
- Counseling regarding oil and gas environmental permitting requirements for wastewater and stormwater
- Representation of water right holders and industrial water users in developing water supply strategies and in permitting, including associated contested case hearings
- Counseling regarding the National Historic Preservation Act and the National Environmental Policy Act in the context of permitting actions
Environmental Counseling and Transactions
- Counseling and facilitating resolution for multiple facilities regarding wastewater and public water system audit findings and alleged violations
- Counseling of various industrial facilities regarding state and federal air quality regulations, including air permitting requirements and various applicability analyses, in the context of internal audits and responses to notices of violation
- Counseling various industrial facilities including pipelines and terminals, regarding wastewater, storm water discharge and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act compliance obligations
- Drafting contract provisions and conducting due diligence related to oil and gas, LNG and chemical production facilities
- Preparation of comments for federal and state rulemakings
Environmental and Other Litigation
- Defense of various wastewater and air permits in Texas courts
- Defense against citizen suits in federal court under the federal Clean Air Act and the National Environmental Policy Act
- Assistance with litigation strategy and settlement negotiations in an Attorney General DTPA investigation regarding a rate application
Awards & Community
Recognized as an "Associate to Watch," Chambers USA, 2015 & 2016
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
Baker Botts lawyers to speak on the latest information and developments in Texas water law and planning.
Baker Botts lawyers will present a webinar on “New ‘Waters of the United States’ Rule” to the Texas Water Conservation Association members.
On June 4, 2015, the Texas Industry Project (TIP) will hold its Quarterly Meeting in the firm’s Houston office.