Randy Turk has practiced law in Washington for almost 40 years, focusing on white collar criminal defense, including FCPA investigations, federal grand jury investigations, Congressional and administrative hearings, antitrust internal corporate investigations and corporate compliance issues. He also handles complex civil trials. He has been voted by his peers as one of the Top Lawyers in America and one of the Top Lawyers in Washington, D.C. (1995-2017). He has been recognized by Chambers USA (2009-2016), and is a member of the Litigation Counsel of America.
Mr. Turk’s clients have included major international corporations, defense contractors, broadcast news networks, law firms and numerous other businesses, as well as a variety of U.S. government officials, corporate executives and professionals.
A substantial portion of Mr. Turk’s practice has involved FCPA internal investigations. He was involved in the very first FCPA case that the Department of Justice ever brought in the late 1970s involving alleged bribes against Pemex officials in Mexico, and has represented multiple major U.S. corporations in dozens of FCPA internal investigations in over 15 countries around the world. These investigations have involved Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Europe. In addition, one of his prominent cases was an extensive ITAR investigation by the Justice Department of a major U.S. satellite manufacturer for alleged technology transfers to China in connection with rocket launches of its satellites in China.
- Mr. Turk has been handling FCPA compliance work and internal investigations before the U.S. Justice Department and Security and Exchange Commission since the first FCPA case brought by the Justice Department in the late 1970s involving allegations of bribery of Mexican Pemex officials. These investigations have involved numerous major U.S. and foreign corporations in connection with both substantive and record keeping violations, in locations throughout the world including China, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Russia, India, Italy, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Brunei, the UK and Mexico.
- Mr. Turk also handles criminal antitrust matters including the recent representation of a foreign auto body parts manufacturer in a world-wide antitrust cartel investigation by the Antitrust Division of the Justice Department.
His representations have also included:
- Defense of a cardiologist in a Medicare fraud case by the U.S. Justice Department involving allegedly unnecessary cardiac stent procedures
- Defense of numerous individuals and U.S. and foreign corporations whose identities remain undisclosed, in connection with federal grand jury investigations of an array of alleged criminal conduct
- Defense of the CEO of WebMD’s Medical Manager Corp. in a federal grand jury investigation and trial involving charges of accounting fraud, securities fraud, and money laundering
- Defense of a major multinational corporation in parallel investigations by the SEC, DOJ and the United Nations’ Volcker Commission into alleged kickbacks and bribery in the U.N.’s Iraqi Oil-for-Food Program
- Defense of the Chairman, CEO, and president of a Labor Movement insurance carrier in parallel federal grand jury, SEC and Congressional investigations of alleged shareholder fraud
- Defense of Hughes Electronics Corporation in defense of parallel Congressional, U.S. Department of State, and federal grand jury investigations of ITAR violations involving alleged ballistic missile technology transfers to China
- Defense of ABC News in trial of PrimeTime Live for a hidden camera news broadcast in litigation brought by Food Lion seeking to circumvent New York Times v. Sullivan
- Defense of Clinton White House official D. Craig Livingstone in defense of parallel Congressional and multiple federal Independent Counsel investigations, including the so-called “FBI Filegate” matter
- Defense of Hughes Aircraft Company in defense of a $400 million False Claims Act claim by the U.S. Justice Department in connection with the improper manufacture and repair of the Hubble Space Telescope
- Defense of Reagan White House Deputy Chief of Staff Michael K. Deaver in parallel Congressional and federal Independent Counsel grand jury investigations and trial involving allegations of perjury and violations of the Ethics in Government Act
- Defense of a high ranking official of the Beverly Hills Savings & Loan Association including trial in connection with a federal grand jury investigation and charges alleging bank fraud
- Defense of corporation involved in first federal grand jury investigation and indictment brought by the justice department under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Awards & Community
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 1995-2017
Recognized as one of the “Top 100 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers” by Law & Politics, 2007-2016
Recognized as a Washington D.C. Super Lawyer, 2009-2017