Susan represents private and public companies in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters, including energy asset acquisitions, divestitures and investments. Prior to joining Baker Botts, Ms. Toumanian was the Executive Notes Editor of The Tax Lawyer. Before beginning her practice as a transactional lawyer in Washington, D.C., Susan worked as a law clerk in Los Angeles, California.
Susan also devotes her time to pro bono work, with a focus on advising non-profit organizations on corporate matters and has also represented an applicant in asylum proceedings.
Mergers and Acquisitions/Private Equity
- NRG, in the sale of its Canal 3 gas-fired generation project to an affiliate of Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners
- The AES Corporation, in its sale of 973MW of peaking generation plants to Rockland Capital
- American Industrial Partners, a middle market private equity sponsor, in its business combination of portfolio company, Goss International, and Germany-based manroland web systems
- American Industrial Partners, in several add-on transactions for Goss International, including the acquisitions of Graphic Automation and Controls and Loudon Machine
- American Industrial Partners, in its acquisition of the wood flooring segment of Armstrong Flooring, Inc.
- American Industrial Partners, in several add-on transactions for portfolio company, acpi, including the acquisitions of Smart Cabinetry and Cabinets 2000
- Crius Energy, LLC, in its $173 million acquisition of U.S. Gas & Electric, Inc.
- Verde Energy, in its sale to Spark Energy, Inc.
- ITC Holdings Corp., regarding the development of the 2000 MW Big Chino Valley Pumped Storage Project
- A large private equity sponsor, in the acquisition of a specialty equipment and services company
- A utility holding company, in its contemplated gas storage project development transaction
- A private equity firm, in the contemplated acquisition of an affiliated group of renewable energy companies with a focus on solar energy
- Underwriters to Highwoods Properties Inc., an office REIT, in its $350 million debt offering
Startup Law 101 is a free workshop for female entrepreneurs that will be held at Google’s DC office.
Baker Botts is proud to support and sponsor the Global War on Terror Memorial Foundation’s inaugural fundraising event on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 in Washington, DC.