Connie Simmons Taylor handles commercial real estate transactions of all asset types, representing primarily developers/owners. She advises clients in a wide variety of matters relating to office and retail leasing; acquisition, disposition and financing and development of real property.
Ms. Simmons Taylor has significant office leasing experience in various U.S. metropolitan markets, including Houston, Miami, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
- Refinancing of several office buildings and regional shopping malls in Houston, San Francisco and Minneapolis, including several portfolio financings for Hines development funds
- Various office leasing transactions involving up to 1,000,000 square feet of office space in a single transaction
- Retail leasing and development of shopping centers in Houston’s Baybrook area, including numerous leasing transactions with national retailers
- Lease of approximately 500,000 square feet of space for a major utility company
- Leases of square footage ranging from 10,000 to over 100,000 square feet of space for energy companies and other corporate clients
Awards & Community
Recognized in Chambers USA, 2011-2018
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2006-2018
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
State Bar of Texas Advanced Real Estate Law Course
Co- Facilitator, ICSC U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference
Co-Presenter, ICSC U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference