Pat Stanton represents owners and developers of commercial real estate projects in the United States and internationally. Ms. Stanton represents sponsors in the formation of real estate funds and developers in nearly every aspect of commercial real estate development, including land acquisition, negotiation of debt and equity financing, negotiation of tenant leases (including built-to-suit tenant leases), construction contracts and management agreements and negotiation of reciprocal easements, covenants and development agreements. Typical projects include first-class office buildings, hotels, condominiums, major retail centers and mixed-use properties.
In addition to representing developers, Ms. Stanton advises sellers, investors, and purchasers in the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties, including office and retail projects, apartments, hotels and mixed-use projects. Ms. Stanton also advises tenants of major office and industrial properties, from the request for proposal stage through lease execution.
- Representation of a real estate fund in the formation of a venture with a REIT and representation of the venture in the acquisition of an office building and distribution center in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil through the purchase of equity interests
- Representation of a real estate fund in the acquisition of the Louveira Distribution Park in São Paulo, Brazil through the purchase of equity interests
- Representation of a real estate fund in the sale of three distribution facilities in Brazil through the sale of equity interests
- Representation of a developer in the formation of a venture for a redevelopment project in Milan, Italy
- Representation of a landlord in connection with the negotiation of a lease transaction with UniCredit Group, an international financial institution, for their new company headquarters in Porta Nuova, a major mixed-use development in Milan, Italy
- Representation of an international fund in connection with the acquisition of land and the development and financing of an office complex in Gurgaon, India
- Representation of a developer in the formation of a venture for the development of a mixed-use, multi-phase project in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Representation of a developer in all aspects of the development of the Galleria North Project in Dallas, One South Dearborn in Chicago and 300 North LaSalle in Chicago
- Representation of the Dallas Center for the Performing Arts Foundation in connection with the negotiation of architect, engineer and other consultant agreements and construction contracts for the new performing arts center and opera house in Dallas, Texas
- Representation of a developer in connection with the development, financing, and sale of a million-square-foot shopping and recreation center located on the beachfront in Barcelona, Spain (one of the largest real estate developments in Europe)
- Representation of a purchaser in the acquisition of one of the premier office buildings in downtown Los Angeles, placement of first lien and mezzanine financing in connection with the acquisition, and subsequent representation of the developer in multiple sales of equity interests to a pension fund investor and a German fund
- Representation of a purchaser in the acquisition of an office building in downtown Los Angeles and the assumption of securitized financing
- Representation of an investor in the purchase of equity interests from the developer’s partner in a first-class office building in Cincinnati, Ohio and placement of first lien and mezzanine financing in connection with the acquisition
- Representation of a purchaser in the acquisition of three office buildings in Maryland and the assumption of securitized financing
- Representation of landlords and tenants in the negotiation of leases covering office building space in cities throughout the United States, including projects in Austin, Albuquerque, Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, Fort Worth, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Louisville, San Antonio and San Diego
- Representation of real estate funds, REITs and other investors in the sale and acquisition of multiple first-class office buildings throughout the United States
Awards & Community
Recommended in The Legal 500 U.S., 2013
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer, (Thomson Reuters), 2006-2018
Listed in Chambers USA, 2008-2018
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, (Woodward/White Inc.), 2012-2018
Publications, Speeches & Presentations
This year’s conference will provide an ideal platform for the exchange of ideas and experiential wisdom in addressing the primary obstacles, challenges and opportunities that exist around the promotion, retention, and succession of female leadership.