Ms. Stanley practices in all areas of intellectual property law, including the protection, enforcement and licensing of trademarks and copyrights and internet domain name disputes. Ms. Stanley has experience representing clients in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and in litigation proceedings in state and federal court. Ms. Stanley also manages the day-to-day global trademark portfolios for several major clients in the electronics, communications and retail services fields.
Publications, Speeches and Presentations
- “An Overview of Intellectual Property Law for Indie Authors," Indie Publishing Austin, August 9, 2015
- Host, INTA Roundtable – Nontraditional Trademarks: Prosecution and Enforcement Strategies, July 22, 2015
- “Protecting Trademarks in Foreign Countries and the Best Methods for Expansion,” Franchise & Distribution Law Section, December 11, 2012
- “Color Trademarks - Are They Protectable In the Fashion Industry?” Baker Botts Intellectual Property Report, March 2012
- “Parties’ Defenses to Binding Arbitration Agreements in the Health Care Field & the Operation of the McCarran-Ferguson Act,” 38 St. Mary’s Law Journal, 2, 591, 2007