Kim Schlanger represents owners and developers of commercial real estate projects in the United States and internationally and has been involved in the development of many landmark buildings across the country. Ms. Schlanger represents sponsors in the formation of real estate funds and developers in nearly every aspect of commercial real estate development, including land acquisition, negotiation of debt and equity financing, negotiation of tenant leases, construction contracts and management agreements and negotiation of reciprocal easements, covenants and development agreements. Ms. Schlanger's practice also includes the acquisition and disposition of commercial buildings and office and retail leasing.
Kim has extensive experience representing developers in connection with single-asset and "programmatic" joint ventures with investors, both foreign and domestic, including private and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional and private investors (often with venture partners at multiple tiers of ownership).
Prior to joining Baker Botts, Ms. Schlanger was an associate at another international law firm in New York.
- Advised internationally renowned real estate developer on numerous significant office, mixed-use, retail and multi-family development projects, including equity and debt financing, across the United States, including:
- CityCenterDC, a $1 billion mixed use development project in Washington D.C.
- 7 Bryant Park, a speculative office tower development project in New York
- One Vanderbilt, a speculative office tower development project in New York
- South Station, a more than $1 billion multi-phase mixed use project in Boston
- Various high-rise and mid-rise multifamily projects in Houston and Chicago
- Represented U.S. developer in the formation of a joint venture with a Middle East sovereign wealth fund for the development of a 54-story office/retail tower in Shanghai, China
- Represented sponsor in formation of two real estate investment funds, one with a Middle East sovereign wealth fund and one with a U.S. pension fund, both targeting development projects in Brazil
- Represented sponsor in the formation of an investment fund with a Middle East sovereign wealth fund for the development of residential projects in India
- Represented the borrower in construction financing for high-rise office and multi-family projects in California, Florida, Illinois, Texas and Washington D.C.
- Represented landlord in leasing of shopping centers in Houston’s Baybrook area, including leasing transactions with national retailers
- Represented large international offshore drilling company in office lease of approximately 80,000 square feet in Houston’s energy corridor
- Disposition of real property assets on behalf of an SEC Receivership
Awards & Community
Recommended in The Legal 500 U.S., 2013