Patent Procurement Matters
- Built and oversaw a worldwide patent portfolio related to video surveillance for a start-up technology company. The patent portfolio was licensed and eventually sold for $80 million.
- Represents large multinational corporations in building their U.S. patent positions in the areas of semiconductors, electro-optics, consumer electronics, manufacturing techniques, and industrial designs.
- Counseled a major consumer electronics manufacturer on developing their patent portfolio in concert with their involvement with a standard setting organization, and thereafter managing prosecution of the patent portfolio.
- Strategically set up a patent portfolio to overlap a competitor's products for an Internet search company; the competitor eventually purchasing the patent portfolio.
- Developed a software patent portfolio for an individual inventor that was ultimately sold to a major U.S. corporation.
- Arranged for various clients (a software simulation company, a video processing company, a semiconductor company, and a chemical company) to provide training presentations to large groups of Examiners at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office regarding their technologies and innovations.
- Counseled a multinational electronics corporation regarding competitors' patents for ink jet printers, power line communication devices, automotive back-up cameras, automotive sound systems, optical sensors for digital cameras, Internet telephony, electrical-optical converters, and laser optical systems.
- Counseled an international defense company on various patented technologies, including targeting systems, remote weapon systems, and human-machine interfaces for weapon systems.
- Represented an enterprise software company in patent license negotiations involving enterprise monitoring and simulation software.
- Represented an international heavy industries corporation in a patent dispute involving linear operated train doors.
- Represented a target shooting equipment manufacturer in the acquisition of patents for blank-firing firearms
- Represented a major clothing manufacturer in patent disputes with a non-practicing entity involving patents related to shipment and delivery messaging systems and another non-practicing entity involving patents related to Ethernet technology.
- Counseled a global investment management firm on various patent assertions from multiple entities, including patents related to asset allocation, rollover accounts, account management systems, and Internet telephony.
- Represented a financial services corporation on a patent dispute involving patents related to check payment systems.
- Represented a major U.S. bank in patent licensing negotiations involving products for offering credit and additionally for products involving payment processing.
- Provided due diligence to a U.S. financial institution regarding the acquisition of a patent portfolio for customer loyalty programs.
- Represented an international consumer electronics company against a non-practicing entity in the Eastern District of Texas involving visual voicemail.
- Defended against patent infringement claims involving compressing and downloading audio and image data of the Internet, including a successful appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represented an enterprise software company in a patent suit in the Eastern District of Texas involving message-orientated middleware.
- Defended a financial services company in the District of Delaware against patent assertions involving electronic trading.