Zarah Rasool has a broad-based intellectual property practice covering contentious and non-contentious matters across all areas of the IP field including patents, trade marks, copyright, designs and confidential information.
Zarah's professional experience includes patent litigation before the High Court and Court of Appeal, and multijurisdictional patent litigation within the telecommunication and pharmaceutical sectors. She regularly advises on the adoption, registration and enforcement of trade marks and has represented clients in trade mark infringement and passing off actions before the High Court and in proceedings in the UK Intellectual Property Office and OHIM.
Zarah's non-contentious practice includes advising on IP aspects of corporate transactions as well as stand-alone R&D, licensing, franchising, sponsorship and other exploitation agreements and general IP counseling work, including brand management and advertising issues. Zarah has also advised on a wide range of outsourcing matters, including transactions in the software, manufacturing, chemicals and fashion retail sectors, IT licensing, systems and software acquisition and agency and distribution agreements.
Prior to joining Baker Botts in September 2013, Zarah worked at another international law firm. She has also spent time working in the legal department of the UK's largest fashion retailer.
- Major telecoms company in patent litigations before the UK Patents Court and Court of Appeal
- Major R&D company in relation to an ad hoc arbitration involving an IP dispute under a strategic alliance agreement
- Financial services company in relation to internet and domain name issues, including ICANN and Nominet proceedings
- Major engineering company on freedom to operate opinions and analysis
- Major mining company in relation to its global trade mark filing programme
- Leading UK pharmaceutical company on all aspects of its trade mark portfolio, including strategic counseling, trade mark prosecution, brand development and dispute resolution
- Major chemicals manufacturer in relation to licensing and distribution arrangements
- Liberty Media Corporation on the acquisition of its interest in Formula One, the iconic global motorsports business, from a consortium of sellers led by CVC Capital Partners
Intellectual Property Report: March 2019
Focus on FMCG's - Intellectual Property Magazine
A Practical Guide to the Treatment of Intellectual Property in Acquisitions and Investments (Published by: Global Law and Business)
Baker Botts invites you to join us for a private reception & brewery tour at the Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 in Boston, MA.