Maxim Levinson is partner in charge of the Moscow office of Baker Botts. He advises clients on a broad range of cross-border and domestic mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructurings, in particular in the oil and gas, power, petrochemical, telecom and financial sectors. He also has broad experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating international financing transactions, including acquisition and project finance transactions, financings guaranteed by export credit agencies and aircraft leasing.
Prior to joining Baker Botts, Mr. Levinson was with another U.S. law firm for seven years. He had previously worked as in-house counsel for a leading Russian oil company and for a major Russian bank.
Publications, Speeches and Presentations
- “Issues in Regard to the Status of the Caspian Sea,” Neftegaz, 2001
- “Documentary Credits: New Civil Code and International Law,” Russian Law Journal, 1997
Speeches and Presentations
- “Raising Finance: Selected Legal Issues”, Moscow, 2008
- “Using a Cypriot Holding Company in Russian Cross-Border M&A Transactions,” IBA Conference, Limassol, 2005
- “Structuring Cross-Border M&A Transactions in Russia,” Oslo, 2004
- “Liberalization of Russian Exchange Control Regime,” Syndicated Lending Conference, Prague, November 2003